Friday, November 14, 2008

Sunrise, Sunset

It used to be before the time change that I was fortunate enough to see the sunrise each morning as I drove east on I-435 toward my place of employment. Since daylight savings, the sunrises before I leave for work (and it is SO much easier to wake up) and I miss that. I am now so lucky at 5:05 pm each day to see the most gorgeous sunsets as I head west toward home each night. I am amazed at the variety of the scenes played before my eyes each night and I wonder, "is anyone else seeing this amazing picture?" I often call home and tell the family to run outside to see the beautiful sky.

I especially wonder if that lady who gave ME the finger the other day because SHE was texting on her cell phone while driving down the freeway and just about hit ME even noticed? She flipped ME the bird because I happened to honk MY horn before she clipped me.. anyhow. Yes, I know that I am #1! So are you!!! (I just rocked the world for some of you, didn't I) That is beside the point.

I have been lucky enough to sit on a beach in Hawaii and watch the sun slip beneath the waves of the pacific ocean. I have sat on sugar sand beaches in Florida and Mexico and witnessed the sun dip into the Gulf of Mexico. I have seen it set behind the Rocky Mountains of Colorado & Alberta. I have stood on mountain tops in Utah and watched it settle into the evening sky. I have seen it descend into the wheat fields over the plains of Kansas and over the deep, rich soil of Iowa. Each time as I view the gift I am reminded of my blessings.... I woke up today, I am married to a wonderful man, I am a mother.....and the list goes on. Next time you see a sunset, maybe it will fill you with gratitude for your blessings great and small.

1 comment:

Delise said...

Any color in the sky does that to me too whether sunrise or sunset.

Where are the pics of Madi's hair I ask you?