Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Insomnia "GOOD MORNING STARSHINE, THE EARTHS SAYS HELLO!"

I can't sleep. I read my book, I fell asleep, but I woke up at 2:30 and have laid in bed now for over 2 hours trying to fall back asleep. What does that mean? Does it mean that I don't need the sleep? (I don't know how that is possible, I am/was tired) Does it mean my circadian rhythm is off? Perhaps its the running list of EVERYTHING I need to take care of before Thursday that is keeping me up.

Let's see....maybe if I commit it to paper (or this blog) I won't forget what I need to do and thus allow me to sleep tonight, a deep and restful coma-like sleep. Ahhhh...Wait! Do you think that if I talk about sleep and have expectations about sleep I won't be able to sleep? I don't know...I really hope not.

My List: (so I can sleep tonight!)

Work:

  • Download and work Fast Remits
  • Verify Insurance
  • Demographics
  • Follow up with KHS
  • Facesheets
  • Post
  • Close the Day
  • Send Bills
  • Follow up claims

Home:

  • Clean all bathrooms
  • Vacuum and dust entire house
  • Change Sheets
  • Finish Laundry (OK that is just Wednesday and Thursday's laundry...who are we kidding here. Laundry is NEVER finished)
  • Unload/Load DW
  • Sweep and Mop Hardwood
  • Sort Coupons ( take with me)
  • Alex Eagle Workbook - upload pics, merge files, put in binder, get signatures, get ride to see JJ
  • Put away quilting stuff
  • Check Diablo's foot today after mishap with quilting needle
  • Get dinner started (do this over lunch)
  • See if Ethan brought home his BR worksheet, get him going on that
  • Put away groceries in storage room, vacuum and dust basement, change cat litter, put a smelly thingy down there....
  • Make Calendar for Parents for the next 4 days
  • Make Packing List
  • Pack
  • Email Anna about contract/training
  • Send Anna's info by email to Shari, my BFF
  • Ask Patrick if he got a massage booked or not

Church:

  • Meeting with Connie tonight to go over VT changes (take info with me)
  • Call Connie to see if she got the email with the changes to be made (break)
  • Ethan to scouts
  • Check with E-dog to see if he had any homework for scouts
  • Find E-dogs slide for his bandanna
  • Phone calls (see planner, do over lunch while making dinner)
  • Notes written (see sticky note in planner-do on breaks at work...TAKE STAMPS to work)
  • Alex to YM

Funny thing, I feel better already. List making is cathartic to some degree, however, it can also be depressing. No elaboration needed here. Is it bad if I have a DC before 6 am?

Oh what is that saying from the movie, Willy Wonka? Something about starshine and greeting the world.. I can't recall it so I will have to remember to ask Landon when he wakes up for Seminary. At least I'm awake and Yikes! Where does the time go when you're having fun? I best get on with my day, there's no turning back now....

P.S. Per Landon, the exact quote from Willy Wonka is "Good morning Starshine, the earth says hello!" Which is what the subtitle of this post has now become. FYI I had my diet Dr Pepper at 6:45 am and on the way way into work an "Energy Vitamin Water. I hope that helps. My eyes are POPPING out of my head already...

2 comments:

rogersinkc said...

You're so funny. Started the same thing. Company coming on Tuesday. Cleaned upstairs yesterday. Took 4 hours to do 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. Planning to do downstairs on Monday and get some food that can be pre-made on Tuesday morning. Basement isn't finished so nothing is down there anyway except girls' playroom. Good luck! :-)

Bray said...

Your lists wear me out... I hope you can get it all done!!