Thursday, August 14, 2008

THE BEGINNING AND THE END

Today is the beginning of a new school year for Madison (7th) and Ethan (5th) and the end of another summer. It is always with some regret that I send my kiddos off to school. Regret that the summer ended so quickly and that we didn't get to spend more time together. Ahh...the anxiety of a working mom! I do however, love the preparation for school..buying new clothes, shopping for school supplies (oh how i love the smell of office depot!) and the anticipation of a new teacher.

I had mixed emotions when I waved to Madi as she boarded the bus for Jr High at 7:10 am...she is growing up so fast. I held the tears back and it helped that I had Diablo with me who was a distraction...He cried when Madi got on the bus and I had to restrain him from running after her! It seemed like her years in elementary school were LONG and these next 6 years I know from experience are gone in a blink of and eye. Before I know it she will a SR!

Ethan didn't want us to come to school with him this morning..he thought he could handle it all on his own. Talk about independence! He continues to amaze me with his humorous insight and 10 year old wisdom. Only two more Halloween Costume Parades to go!!

1 comment:

Delise said...

Awww, hope your day is fab-u-lous guys! My kids wish they were starting today...they are BORED!