Monday, June 18, 2007

Another Week in our Lives

Well, another week has flown by in the Evans Household. Here's a recap of what happened....... Ethan had an awesome time at Cub day camp all last week . Patrick attended with him all day Wednesday and had a blast with him. He was one tired E-dog when Friday rolled around.

Madi, Alex and Landon all had Soccer tryouts this week and "made" their respective teams. Alex and Landon are returning to their teams from last season and Madison is joining a new team that is actually being coached by the same man that coaches Landon. We are excited to see how that all works out for us. Landon is trying out for the Wizard's Club tonight, too. It is a prettty cool developmental program for the KC Wizards to train perspective players...We'll let you know how that turns out for him...

Ethan Started his indoor summer season yesterday. Indoor soccer is so much fun to watch, and you gotta love those 20 min halves! Do you get the idea that soccer never ends for us?

I had an additional interview with HIMS, a physicians management group, on Thursday It took about 2 hours to do all the testing and interviewing. They are supposed to let me know what their decision is this coming week. A friend, Tom Frederickson, is a Dr. in that group and suggested that I apply. It's hard to say what will happen. I hope I get the job, they have great benefits and also have certification classes available for their employees.

I wish I had the $ and time to just go back to school and be a nurse! I looked into it and they do have a program at JCCC, just up the street from me...it is tempting...I wonder if I could get student loans? Any advice out there? Somedays I just wish I had a fairy godmother!!!

1 comment:

Ruth said...

You could most likely get student loans. You might want to look into some online programs that wouldn't take away from what your life is already. I'm thinking of starting a nursing program as well. I'm already a certified doula and I want to work my way to becoming a certified nurse midwife but that will mean a masters degree. I'm far from that. We'll see.