Monday, September 8, 2008

Perfection...


I love Dove dark chocolate. We have this basket full of Dove chocolate at work and occasionally I will dip for a weekly treat. (OK really, there is so much candy at our office that I really do have to limit myself to one or two a week) Anyhow, I love getting the fortunes as well and I collect my favorites. Coincidentally, this one came at a time when my need to find perfection in my life was blinding me to what was really important.
I believe there are things in which we should strive for perfection in....we all have those personal lists of what we should be perfect in, but mine was overwhelming. No matter how late I stayed up I could not be perfect in everything I did. It reminded me that I needed to prioritize. I needed to look at what was really important to be perfect in. The things that mattered most to me were being set aside for laundry, cleaning, and other just as routine tasks that round out a day. What I needed was to be reminded that the laundry and cleaning and sometimes Relief Society can wait while I perfect my relationships with my husband, my children and my God.

4 comments:

Delise said...

I've been trying to not freak out about this as well lately...deep breathing and repeat! Love you!

April said...

So true! Sometimes, I am trying so hard to be perfect at everything, that nothing is done well! Lleyton asked me the other day why I was always so grouchy. It really made me think about what is really important. I want my kids to have fun, happy memories, not the mom yelling, always hurrying kind.

HLFackrell said...

You are so wise. It's amazing on those reminders come when we most need them.

Stephanie & Brad Bishop said...

I loved Stake Conference and have been inspired to GET THOSE SCRIPTURES read daily. We've missed a few hectic days when it was just Jessie and me at night, but have done better.