Tuesday, September 9, 2008

EVANS FAMILY CHALLENGE

It was our Stake Conference weekend this past Saturday and Sunday. I loved the fact that I had no responsibilities whatsoever. My kids even noticed a lighter, happier Mom and commented on the fact that I seemed to be smiling a lot that Sunday...that aside it was a wonderful conference focusing on specific things that we can do to strengthen our families for the days ahead. One of the speakers referred to a talk given by Sis. Dalton the general YW president. In it she encouraged the YW to be 100% ers in these areas...personal prayer, 5 mins of daily Book of Mormon reading and smiling. For FHE, the Evans created their own personal family challenge to include: 100% in personal prayer, 100% in daily family prayer, 100% in daily 5 min reading of the Book of Mormon and 100% in family scripture reading. I believe that if we can be 100% ers in these areas that we will also be smiling more often! I can't wait to see the effects take place. Are you up for the challenge as well?

P.S. If you call at 8:45 pm we won't answer the phone....

3 comments:

Bray said...

So great to have that goal...We read in the morning and this morning it was 1 verse at the door just before they left...oh well at least they got a little spiritual food....?

HLFackrell said...

I too found conference to be very uplifting. There were so many wonderful things to glean from the talks given. What a great example you are to those around you.

Morgan Family said...

Darci and Pat, do you remember me? I just joined the blogging world and it's awesome to see everybody's families!! I saw yours on Stephanie's....this is so fun!
Where is Russ these days?
Wendy(Hebb)Morgan