Monday, January 24, 2011

Madison is 15 going on 16, where does the time go?

The day you were born we were in the middle of a wicked ice storm here in Kansas.  When I got to the hospital my labor all but stopped.  I was devastated when they wanted to send me home.  I begged them to break my water with the promise that I would have you before lunchtime.  The bargain was struck and the deal done and you came into the world at 11:46 am….plenty of time to spare!

You have been a joy and delight in our home since that icy day you made your debut 15 years ago.  Your kind heart and compassion for others makes you stand out, not to mention that gorgeous and generously given smile of yours.

It is a blessing to be your mother and you inspire me daily to be a better person.  I am so glad that you are mine.  I can’t wait to see what this year brings for you!

Happy birthday Sweetheart!

Madison turns 15!

No comments: