Thursday, December 11, 2008

I was so mad...

So, I noticed that my tire was low today when I got to work. There is a gas station about a 1/4 mile down the road and on my break, which is only 15 minutes long, I decided to run down there and fill it. I get there and of course there is this huge landscaping truck parked right where the compressor is. I pull in to a spot waiting for them to leave....5 minutes later they start to move and I think, "Yessss! Its about time, you landscaping people, you."

As I start to pull forward, and this is no exaggeration, I have to wait for 7 cars to get out of my way.."C'mon people get out of my way!" I can be heard to say outloud. Then I see him. An older gentleman in a green car with his steely white hair going the same direction as I am. "Oh no your not....Oh, YES he did!" He drove right into the spot by the air compressor, parked and started to fill his tires. So, I pulled in next to him, went inside the store, got my DDP for the day, came back and he was still filling his tires....Did I mention that I have only 15 minutes???

I am reaching the 12 minute mark by now, and growing more impatient as the seconds tick by. I go out and stand by my car fold my arms and wait. I am trying to control my thoughts but I am not doing a very good job at it. Then he sees me, our eyes meet and he says,"I see you have a low tire there, can I fill it for you?" I say, "Thank-you, I'd love for you to fill it up for me!"

I am not mad anymore.

3 comments:

Ruth said...

Don't you hate that when you are thinking evil thoughts and then the person is so nice to you. It totally makes you feel silly and deflates all that anger you were feeling. I actually like it but it makes me feel a bit stupid for overreacting in the first place.

Delise said...

That was a nice and brave man...I've seen your lazer mad eyes! :)

Glad your tires got filled so you were safe on the road!

HLFackrell said...

The goodness of strangers. Maybe he was feeling your vibes.